Sunday, September 16, 2012

Dan Singer

Hey guys!

My name is Dan Singer, and I am a sophomore multi-platform journalism major. Time and time again, I've heard instructors and reporters stress the concept of the multi-dimensional journalist who has the skill set to be his/her own reporter, photographer, videographer, editor, web designer, and marketer. Courses like this one are important because they will help shape us into self-sufficient reporters who can thrive in a rapidly transitioning field. I have some experience with music and sound production, but I am eager to explore photography and video procedures and software. I am currently an editorial intern at Brightest Young Things, an arts and entertainment website based in D.C., and the skills I acquire in JOUR203 will hopefully allow me to step out of my comfort zone and maybe take a stab at some photo or video coverage for the site. Overall, I am very excited to get some hands-on experiences with different multimedia platforms, and I'm looking forward to a great semester!

No comments: