Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Karen Mawdsley Intro

Hi everyone,

My name is Karen Mawdsley, and I am a sophomore this year. Like most people here, I am pursuing a degree in journalism, hoping to double major with Spanish and minor in International Studies and Conflict Resolution. At UMD, I work as a copy editor for The Diamondback and am an active member of co-ed service fraternity Alpha Phi Omega. As far as journalism interests go, I am very interested in print journalism--both magazine and newspaper. However, I have a well-developed passion for photography, and I would love to get involved in photojournalism, with my ultimate goal being to work for National Geographic. For those of you who are camera people, I use a Canon Rebel T2i. I'm looking forward to learning more about video, audio, and photo editing through this class!

No comments: