Sunday, September 16, 2012

Natalie Tomlin

Hi, my name is Natalie and I am a sophomore Journalism/Environmental Science & Policy double major from Ellicott City, MD. In high school, I was very involved in the photography department and took AP Photography during my senior year. I have experience in darkroom photography, as well as digital photography and editing in Photoshop. Since photography has been a passion of mine for over four years now, I am really looking forward to getting back into it and gaining more Photoshop skills. During my first year at UMD, I worked for WMUC News and eventually got my own radio show with a friend/fellow-Journalism major. By working at the radio station, I have been able to gain interviewing skills, technical radio skills, as well as audio editing skills, which will be beneficial for this class. I hope that Jour203 will provide me with greater confidence and ability in terms of audio editing. This year, I hope to start writing for various campus publications while continuing to explore all sorts of journalistic opportunities that the university has to offer.

No comments: